The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Irish Lemon Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
If you're not feeling lucky now, you will once you've tasted our Irish Lemon Pudding. It's the perfect way to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day because it's the Mr. Food Test Kitchen spin on something totally traditional out of the Emerald Isle. The perfect combination of tangy and sweet is sure to make you feel like you've stuck gold in the world of desserts.
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced plus juice from 2 more lemons
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks one at a time. Add flour; mix well. Add lemon zest and juice, followed by milk; mix well.
- In another medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold egg whites into lemon mixture until completely incorporated. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until very lightly browned and set. Let cool slightly, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, and serve warm.
Check this out!
- Nothing like a little whipped cream to top this off! Either make your own or use prepared, whatever you prefer.
- Need more Irish desserts for Saint Patrick's Day? Try our "Pot of Gold" Parfaits or our Shamrock Shortbread Cookies!
- Plus, check out our Irish Dinner Menu for St. Patrick's Day.
- And for a little adult fun, make our "Luck of the Irish" Cake.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!