The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Wake up your senses with a pudding that's as bright as it's tart! One taste of our Lemon Pudding and you'll be puckering your lips, but only long enough until you can get a second taste in!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk milk and egg yolks; gradually stir into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture thickens and is bubbling, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, butter, and lemon zest. Spoon into individual serving dishes or 1 large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding, and refrigerate 4 hours, or until firm.
- If you'd like, garnish each serving with a dollop of whipped topping, a raspberry, and a mint leaf.
- Want even more of the best pudding recipes? Check 'em out in our free eCookbook, The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!