Tiramisu Rice Pudding Shooters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Shooters make such a fun party dessert! Not only do they look great, but guests love them 'cause they can enjoy their own personal-sized dessert. Our Tiramisu Rice Pudding Shooters combine the comfort and creaminess of rice pudding with the traditional flavors of an Italian tiramisu.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked medium white rice
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Cocoa powder for sprinkling
- Coffee beans for garnish (optional)
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine 1-1/2 cups milk, the sugar, salt, and rice; mix well. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk and egg; cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Spoon pudding evenly into individual shot glasses or a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl, beat mascarpone cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; set aside. In another medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cheese mixture until creamy.
- Place a dollop of cheese mixture on top of pudding. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and garnish with a coffee bean, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.