The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Yam Banana Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For a different take on a sweet dessert, we added sweet potatoes to create Yam Banana Pudding. It's just as tasty, and perfect for incorporating fruits and veggies into our dessert.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup mashed banana (ripe is best)
- 2 cups peeled, cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (or about 2 17-oz. cans)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients, except egg whites, in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold them into banana mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish and bake for 1-1/4 hours or until golden.
- Serve hot or cold topped with whipped cream or topping, if desired.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 298
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 7.7g 15 %
- Cholesterol 152mg 51 %
- Sodium 236mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.9g 16 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.