August Corn Relish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't know what to do with those few leftover ears of summer corn? Turn them into a Southwestern-type relish. Well, you know how everybody goes nuts for those fresh, homestyle touches!
What You'll Need
- Kernels from 3 ears of cooked corn or 1 can (15 to 17 ounces) whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1/3 cup sweet 'n' spicy French dressing
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill for 24 hours.
- Makes about 2-1/2 cups.
For a variation, try adding 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seed. Or leave out the pickle relish and add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and 1 minced clove of garlic.