Blender Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for that farm-to-table taste during dinnertime? Well with our homemade tomato sauce, you'll get just that. Our Blender Tomato Sauce is as easy as blend, simmer, and enjoy! With only the freshest ingredients, and naturally flavorful spices, this tomato sauce recipe will please everyone's Italian grandma!
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds very ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon slivered fresh basil
What to Do
- Fill a blender ¾ of the way full with tomatoes and puree until smooth. Pour pureed tomatoes into a soup pot and repeat with remaining tomatoes until all tomatoes are pureed
- Add sugar, garlic powder, onion, oregano, salt, and pepper; stir until well mixed.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 1 hour, stirring occasionally. (Cooking this uncovered will allow the sauce to thicken up.) Stir in basil and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
- If you are not planning on using all of this right away, why not freeze the rest? This freezes well in gallon-sized freeze bags or air-tight plastic containers for about 6 months. This way the delicious flavors will last!
- We love sauce, because the right sauce recipe will lift a meal to new heights! If you loved this tomato sauce recipe, you're going to love our collection of Fresh Pesto Favorites, and our free eCookbook of Homemade Sauce Recipes! Each of these sauce recipes is sure to be what dinnertime was missing.
- We've got sauces for dessert time and for the holidays too! Use our sweet Chocolate Sunday Sauce when you need something to drizzle over your ice cream. And you can be sure that our Homemade Cranberry Sauce will be the most dazzling part of the holiday season!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're tired of serving the same ol' side dishes every fall, then you've got to give our Butternut Squash Fritters a try. Fried until golden and crispy, there's no way anyone can resist having one...or two. And they're even better if you drizzle a little syrup over them!