We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 3/4 cups
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Hr
Chock-full of vegetables and fruit, this versatile Sicilian eggplant dish is hearty and healthy. We like to serve our Caponata recipe as a dip with crusty bread or as a relish with fish or meat.
What You'll Need
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Rome apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely choppedely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
What to Do
- Place eggplant in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and toss with salt. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes; gently toss with olive oil.
- Stir together eggplant and remaining ingredients, except vinegar, in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours or on LOW setting 6 hours, or until apples are tender. Stir in vinegar. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.