Fiery 'Fridgerator Jelly
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 half-pints
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
Quick and spicy, appetizer or snack, gift it or keep it. This Fiery 'Fridgerator Jelly is versatile and simple; anyone can enjoy it.
What You'll Need
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 (6-ounce) package liquid fruit pectin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
What to Do
- Process jalapenos and bell pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine pepper puree, sugar, and vinegar in a non-aluminum saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 3 minutes; stir in pectin and lime juice. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat, and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Pour into hot, sterilized canning jars, filling to 1/4-inch from top; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands; cool. Store in refrigerator.
I've skipped the canning process to make an easy, small batch of keep-in-the-fridge jelly. It's a cool appetizer with a sweet-hot flavor teaser. I love it served over cream cheese with crackers or toast, or with meats as a relish. It also makes a great gift for the holidays-just remember to tell 'em to keep it in the fridge!