Fiery 'Fridgerator Jelly
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 half-pints
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
Quick and spicy, appetizer or snack, gift it or keep it. This Fiery 'Fridgerator Jelly is versatile and simple; anyone can enjoy it.
What You'll Need
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 (6-ounce) package liquid fruit pectin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
What to Do
- Process jalapenos and bell pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine pepper puree, sugar, and vinegar in a non-aluminum saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 3 minutes; stir in pectin and lime juice. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat, and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Pour into hot, sterilized canning jars, filling to 1/4-inch from top; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands; cool. Store in refrigerator.
I've skipped the canning process to make an easy, small batch of keep-in-the-fridge jelly. It's a cool appetizer with a sweet-hot flavor teaser. I love it served over cream cheese with crackers or toast, or with meats as a relish. It also makes a great gift for the holidays-just remember to tell 'em to keep it in the fridge!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.