Fiesta Marinara Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Yes, sirree...this is one of my favorite examples of cross-cultural cooking. I love the full, fresh flavor of Italian red sauce combined with the zest of Mexican red sauces.
What You'll Need
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) tomato purée
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes about 4 cups.
Serve over pasta and top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese for a real "south of the border" pasta fiesta.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can count on lots of crispy edges when you make our recipe for Sheet Pan Mac 'n' Cheese! If your regular macaroni and cheese recipe is getting too routine, then you'll love this unique way of making a classic, cheesy, favorite. This is one the whole family will cheer for!