Mock a Mole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
According to the dictionary, mock means "imitation" or "simulation". And since this looks and tastes so much like guacamole, I make it when I don't have any ripe fresh avocados on hand ('cause I've always got canned peas in my cupboard). Well, to me, as long as it tastes good, it works!
What You'll Need
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 fresh jalapeños, stems and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a food processor that has been fitted with its steel cutting blade, combine all the ingredients and process until well blended.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Lasts for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Makes about 3 cups.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which makes it a great time to encourage everyone you love to get screened and spread the word. Another way to help is to raise money towards breast cancer research by hosting a bake sale. Our Pink Velvet Truffles are a rich-tasting treat that they'll love!