Tomato Festival Relish
- 3 cups
- 10 Min
Ruby red tomatoes transform into a fresh tomato relish perfect as a salad or a topper for any of our main-dish favorites. Tomato Festival Relish celebrates the famous annual La Tomatina Festival in Spain, and can be on your table any time.
What You'll Need
- 4 or 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
Cut tomatoes in half crosswise then squeeze gently to remove juice and seeds; cut tomatoes into cubes and place in medium bowl.
Add remaining ingredients to tomatoes; mix well.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Mr. Food is a tomato-lover, and he thinks this tastes best at room temperature, so if you make it ahead of time, try letting it sit for a few minutes before serving.
- We've got even more easy tomato recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Fresh Tomato Recipes: 20 Can't-Miss Recipes with Tomatoes.
- For more fantastic dinner topping recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
Read NextHomemade Beef Gravy