Traditional Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing's more all-American than a backyard cookout! And when it comes to slathering on a flavorful barbecue sauce, everybody has their favorite type. Check out this traditional favorite!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; boil for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Serve warm.
Makes about1-1/2 cups
- Discard any leftover sauce that has come in contact with raw meat or other foods.
- Any leftover sauce that hasn’t come in contact with raw foods should be allowed to cool before covering and storing in the refrigerator.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.