Autumn's Best Pumpkin Butter
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This isn't just any pumpkin butter recipe, it's Autumn's Best Pumpkin Butter! Pumpkin is sweetened with some brown sugar, and given that warm taste of fall with a bit of cinnamon. It all comes together as a warm butter spread in just five minutes! It's a perfect anytime treat, but it really shines when you set it out with your favorite bread for company during the holidays!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine pumpkin, sugars, apple juice, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice. Cool completely then refrigerate.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Love our pumpkin butter recipe? Well then, you've got to try this creamy sweet Amish Church Spread, or for something that's holiday-special, try our Cinnamon Honey Butter!
- Need some bread ideas? Try our Amish Banana Bread, and we think this Autumn Harvest Bread will go great with our pumpkin butter!
- For more autumn favorite recipes, check out our pumpkin-stuffed Autumn Wontons or our Autumn Pumpkin Dump Cake! No matter when you make these recipes, they're sure to always impress!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ben's Chili Bowl has been a landmark restaurant in Washington D.C. since 1958. The restaurant first became famous for its homemade chili dogs. After getting tasting one, we knew we had to recreate this chili in our Test Kitchen. Our recipe for Ben's Chili Dog is the next best thing to the real version, and your family is going to devour it.