The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
Bacon, lettuce, and tomato? It's an all-time favorite lunch combo. Now you can mix it up, roll it up, and enjoy it in one easy-to-eat package as a BLT Burrito.
What You'll Need
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium-sized ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, bacon bits, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto center of tortillas. Fold bottom of each tortilla up over the vegetable mixture then both sides over, envelope-fashion. Fold top closed and turn seam-sides down. Serve immediately.
If you don't have bacon bits on hand, chop 1/4 pound of deli turkey and mix it in to create a "TLT" burrito.
This BLT Burrito would make a perfect make ahead picnic sandwich! For even more easy picnic menu ideas, check out this collection -- Perfect Picnic Menu: 54 Make-Ahead Picnic Recipes.
Aug 09, 2011
Helpful Hint: Instead of cooking bacon and then crumbling, I found using my kitchen scissors to cut the bacon into small pieces and then cooking it. I tried this once because I don't like getting all that grease on my hands from crumbling after cooking. Works well!
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.