We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You remember that favorite deli of yours that served Reubens piled high with corned beef and sauerkraut and smothered in cheese? Wouldn't it be nice to serve those at your next casual get-together? It's easy to do with this Baked Reuben recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) French bread, unsliced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Russian or Thousand Island dressing (1 cup)
- 12 ounces sliced corned beef
- 1 can (14.4 ounces) sauerkraut, well drained
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise (horizontally) and slightly hollow out the center of each half by removing the soft center 1/2-inch deep on each side. Spread each hollowed-out half with 1/2 cup of the dressing.
- Place corned beef on bottom half of the loaf. Top with the sauerkraut and cheese. Place remaining half loaf on top of cheese. Wrap sandwich loosely in foil and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.
You can use rye bread instead of French bread if you'd rather, but it tends to be a bit harder to cut and eat.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!