Barbecued Chicken Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We sure love our barbecue, don't we? Barbecued Chicken Sandwiches are a quick solution to any lunch or dinnertime dilemma.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) can chunk chicken, drained and flaked
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms, and saute until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add chicken and barbecue sauce, and cook until mixture is heated through, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, place split buns on a baking sheet and lightly toast under the broiler.
- Top the bottom halves with the chicken mixture then replace the tops, and serve.
Try topping the chicken mixture on each sandwich with a slice of Mexican-flavored American cheese and broiling for 1 to 2 minutes before serving. And here's a timesaving tip: egg slicers aren't just for eggs! They make quick work of slicing mushrooms, garlic, or even strawberries.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!
- Black Angus Steak Sandwich
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Fancy-Schmancy Tuna Melts
- Spinach and Artichoke Calzones
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Game Day Roast Beef Sliders