We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you ever had yourself a Dagwood sandwich? It's one of the most impressive kinds of sandwiches out there 'cause it's just so gosh darn tall. Traditional Dagwood sandwiches include so many layers of food that it's a real challenge to eat. We've reduced this one down, so it's a bit more manageable, but feel free to make it as high as you'd like. Our Cherry-Mustard Dagwood is better than your average sandwich that's for sure!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) French bread, sliced in half horizontally
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
- 8 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine cherries and mustard; mix well then spread on cut sides of bread.
- On bottom bread half, layer Swiss cheese, mixed baby greens, roast beef, Cheddar cheese, and ham.
- Replace top bread half and secure at regular intervals with sandwich picks. Cut and serve.
Check This Out!
- For more amazing sandwiches, try our English Pub Steak Sandwiches, our Old-Fashioned Patty Melts, or our Grilled Reuben Supreme.
- Need more roast beef? Make our Slow-Cooker French Dip Sandwiches, our Firehouse Pot Roast, or our Deli-Style Roast Beef Sandwiches!
- We love sweet, sweet cherries! Try our Cherry Fudge Cake, our Sweet Cherry Thing, or our Easy Cheesy Cherry Danish.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.