Chicken Cordon Blue Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Instead of eating a plain old chicken breast sandwich again, try adding a little taste of France to your plate. Yup, by adding ham and cheese to breaded chicken breasts, we've created a shortcut lunchtime recipe that's full of great taste.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10½-ounce) package frozen fully cooked breaded chicken breast patties, thawed
- 1 (½-inch-thick, about ½ pound) slice deli ham, quartered
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
What to Do
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook 2 minutes over medium-high heat. Turn chicken over and top each with a slice of ham then an equal amount of cheese.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each hamburger bun and top with chicken cordon blue. Serve immediately.
To keep things exciting. . . we like to spread a little Dijon-style mustard on the buns. It gives this just the right flavor kick.