We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's an arepa? It's melted cheese sandwiched between two crispy corn pancakes -kind of like the Mexican version of a grilled cheese sandwich. Well, I finally figured out an easy way to prepare them!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices (4½ ounces) Mexican-flavored American cheese
- 1 (7½-ounce) package frozen corn toaster muffins (6 muffins), thawed
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on the flat side of each of 3 toaster muffins. Top each with another toaster muffin and place in the skillet.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Corn toaster muffins can be found either near the baked goods or in the frozen food section of your supermarket next to the frozen waffles and pancakes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!