Elvis' Favorite Snack
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the King had a craving, you could bet it was usually for a peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwich. But don't be fooled. While most of us might consider this a meal, it was just Elvis' Favorite Snack -- anytime of the day.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 slices home-style white bread
- 2 large bananas, peeled
- 8 slices of warm, cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
What to Do
Spread equal amounts of peanut butter over 4 slices of bread.
Cut bananas in half crosswise then slice each piece lengthwise into 3 pieces. Place 3 slices of banana over peanut butter, then top each with two slices of bacon. Top with remaining slices of bread.
In a large skillet or griddle, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat and place two sandwiches in skillet. Cook 2 minutes then turn sandwiches over and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes, or until golden.
Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Wanna find out how Chris MacDonald got into Elvis, his music and what foods the King loved? Watch Howard’s interview with Chris here!
Watch Chris MacDonald serenade Patty and Kelly in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen and get “All Shook Up!”
- If you're looking to get a little Jailhouse Rock in your life, then check out "The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist," Chris MacDonald. Catch him performing at a theater near you!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Black Angus Steak Sandwich
- Open Faced Avocado Sandwiches
- Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip
- Game Day Roast Beef Sliders
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- Spinach and Artichoke Calzones