Grilled Goat Cheese Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Plain old American cheese is for kids! This grown-up grilled cheese sandwich fits our grown-up taste buds. Grilled Goat Cheese Sandwiches make for an exciting change-of-pace option.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices Italian or sourdough bread
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, softened
What to Do
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. Stir in onions, salt, and pepper, and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until onions are golden, stirring frequently.
- Place 4 slices of bread on a work surface. Evenly spread one quarter of the goat cheese on each slice and evenly top with caramelized onions. Place remaining bread slices on top and brush both sides of sandwiches with the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Cook in batches in a skillet over medium heat, until golden on both sides and the cheese is melted.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".