We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's time for a change, so say good-bye to the same old deli sub and hello to a chicken breast hoagie. It's the best bet in the house!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds), each cut into 3 strips
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 4 slices (4 ounces) American cheese, each cut in half
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a shallow dish, combine 1/2 cup salsa and the honey; mix well. Coat the chicken with the salsa mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Spoon the remaining salsa mixture over the chicken and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until no pink remains.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and the remaining 1/2 cup salsa; spread over the hoagie rolls. Divide the lettuce, tomato, and cheese equally among the rolls and top with the chicken. Serve immediately.
If you prefer, you can cook the chicken ahead of time and serve these chilled. And why not serve a little extra salsa on the side for anybody who wants to add an extra kick!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 500
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 22g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 7.4g 37 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 42g 84 %
- Cholesterol 110mg 37 %
- Sodium 1,595mg 66 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.0g 36 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %