Italian Meat Loaf Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make a quick Italian classic at home tonight. This open face Italian Meat Loaf Sandwich makes a fast, satisfying dinner.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, 1 cup spaghetti sauce, the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well. Divide the mixture and form into six equal-sized patties; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains. Remove the patties with the foil from the baking sheet.
- Line baking sheet with another piece of aluminum foil and place Italian bread halves on baking sheet. Place meat loaf patties on the bread (3 patties per half) and top with remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Slice each bread half into 3 servings and serve immediately.
- Which soup pairs best with this recipe? Find out in our Top 10 Soup and Sandwich Pairings page!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 757
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34g 53 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 69 %
- Trans Fat 1.4g 0 %
- Protein 46g 92 %
- Cholesterol 183mg 61 %
- Sodium 2,134mg 89 %
- Total Carbohydrates 63g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 7.8g 0 %
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- South of the Border Steak Sandwiches
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Game Day Roast Beef Sliders
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Deli-Style Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- Open-Wide "BPT" Sandwiches