The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Lamb Kebab Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
I used to shape these on skewers to make traditional kebabs, until I tried making them into sandwiches and decided I liked them this way even better! Oh...I can still call 'em kebabs, can't I?
What You'll Need
- 1 large cucumber, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 (6- to 8-inch) pitas
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well, cover, and chill for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the pitas; mix well. Roll the meat mixture into 2-inch meatballs and place on a rimmed cookie sheet. Flatten the meatballs with the palm of your hand and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the lamb is no longer pink.
- Cut the pitas in half and open the pockets. Place 1 to 2 lamb patties inside each pita pocket and serve with the cucumber sauce.