Mango Chicken Pita Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We bet you don't describe too many sandwiches as "refreshing," right? Well, that's all about to change with this change-of-pace sandwich recipe we like to call Mango Chicken Pita Sandwiches. It's got a couple of different fruity flavors blended in to really give this recipe a lighter touch. We've even got a convenient shortcut ingredient that'll make this an easy dish to prepare for lunch.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package shredded angel hair cabbage slaw
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 4 pita bread rounds, halved
- 1 (6-ounce) package refrigerated cooked chicken strips
- 1 cup mango chutney (see note)
What to Do
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Layer pita halves evenly with chicken, mango chutney, and slaw mixture.
Look for mango chutney in the condiment section of your supermarket. Any leftover chutney can be served with chicken or fish entrees or over a block of cream cheese as an appetizer.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!