The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Mango Chicken Pita Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
We bet you don't describe too many sandwiches as "refreshing," right? Well, that's all about to change with this change-of-pace sandwich recipe we like to call Mango Chicken Pita Sandwiches. It's got a couple of different fruity flavors blended in to really give this recipe a lighter touch. We've even got a convenient shortcut ingredient that'll make this an easy dish to prepare for lunch.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package shredded angel hair cabbage slaw
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 4 pita bread rounds, halved
- 1 (6-ounce) package refrigerated cooked chicken strips
- 1 cup mango chutney (see note)
What to Do
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Layer pita halves evenly with chicken, mango chutney, and slaw mixture.
Look for mango chutney in the condiment section of your supermarket. Any leftover chutney can be served with chicken or fish entrees or over a block of cream cheese as an appetizer.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders
Our Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders are one of the best pressure cooker recipes you'll ever taste! The pork shoulder cooks up in a third of the time!