Marinated Steak Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Looking for a way to be the star of the patio circuit? This grilled steak sandwich always makes a hit!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 top round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 3 toasted hoagie or submarine rolls
- Lettuce for topping
- Onion slices for topping
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the white wine vinegar, sugar, honey, dry mustard, salt, celery seed, dried tarragon, onion powder and pepper to make a marinade. Whisk the mixture while gradually drizzling in the olive oil until the marinade starts to thicken. Remove 2/3 cup of the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for later use. Place the remaining marinade into a resealable plastic bag; add the steak and turn to completely coat it.
- Refrigerate the marinating steak 1 to 2 hours, turning steak occasionally. Remove steak from marinade, discarding used marinade.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grill steak to desired doneness, turning once and brushing it with 2 tablespoons of the reserved marinade. Slice steak and place it on toasted rolls, add lettuce and onion slices, and drizzle with remaining reserved marinade.
If you have some garlic spread on hand, put some on the toasted rolls before adding the steak and other fixin's. Mmm...mmm!!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!