We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hoagies, heroes, or submarines...what you call these depends on what part of the country you're from. But whatever you call them, they sure are tasty sandwiches!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 jars (28 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the spaghetti sauce and the rolls; mix well. Form the beef mixture into eighteen 11/2-inch meatballs and place in a soup pot. Add the spaghetti sauce and stir gently to mix.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover loosely, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Spoon 3 meatballs and some sauce onto each roll and serve.
The meatballs and sauce can also be used for topping spaghetti. And you can use the meatballs in a soup or stew, too.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 552
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 9.4g 47 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 38g 77 %
- Cholesterol 113mg 38 %
- Sodium 2,526mg 105 %
- Total Carbohydrates 72g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.3g 29 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- PB&J Waffle Sandwiches
- Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Deli-Style Roast Beef Sandwiches