Momma Mia Little Italy Grilled Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Momma mia! Isn't that a tasty sandwich?! You may never go back to your regular ol' grilled cheese sandwich again once you've tried our Momma Mia Little Italy Grilled Cheese. We've packed it with some of our favorite meats and cheeses to really make it stand out from the pack, and boy, did we love the results! This simple recipe just goes to show that grilled cheese sandwiches can be made for adults, too.
What You'll Need
- 8 thick slices Italian bread
- 8 thin slices (1/4-pound total) mozzarella cheese
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted peppers, drained and patted dry
- 16 thin slices (1/4-pound total) hard salami
- 4 slices (1/4-pound total) provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Layer each of 4 slices of Italian bread with 2 slices of mozzarella cheese, an equal amount of roasted peppers, 4 slices of salami, 1 slice of provolone cheese, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining bread slices.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt butter over low heat.
- Cover and cook sandwiches for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until golden and the cheeses are melted.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.