Monte Cristo Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's our version of a classic French sandwich. Our savory Monte Cristo Sandwiches are simple and only take 5 minutes! Get ready for ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese between dense challah bread that's pan-fried to a nice golden brown. If you've never had a Monte Cristo before, then you're in for a treat!
What You'll Need
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
- 16 slices egg bread (challah)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
- Equally divide the turkey, ham, and Swiss cheese on 8 slices of bread. Top with the remaining 8 slices of bread.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip two sandwiches, one at a time, in egg mixture, coating completely. Place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until bread is golden and cheese is melted. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, adding more butter as needed. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Serve sandwiches immediately.
Our taste-testers suggest topping these with warm whole-berry cranberry sauce or serving it on the side for dipping.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"