Mozzarella Pepper Bagel Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says sandwiches have to be piled with meat to fill you up? Try this veggie sandwich with mozzarella, roasted bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions atop a bagel- perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 bagels, split
- 8 (1-ounce) mozzarella cheese slices
- 1/2 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 4 small onion slices
- 4 tomato slices
What to Do
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Drizzle over cut sides of bagels; top each bagel bottom with 1 slice of cheese.
- Cut peppers into strips; place evenly over cheese-topped bagel bottoms with onion, tomatoes, and remaining cheese. Replace bagel tops and seal in plastic wrap. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.