Open Faced Reuben Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ever find yourself wondering how to make a Reuben sandwich with some style? Some of the biggest and best delis serve their Reubens open-faced, just like in this recipe that we got from a deli in Central New York. We loved these Open Faced Reuben Sandwiches and we had to pass along the recipe for you to enjoy! There's something about this sandwich that just makes your mouth water.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1 pound sliced deli corned beef
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 8 slices (6 ounces) Swiss cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Arrange the bread on two baking sheets. Spread dressing mixture on each slice. Top each with corned beef, sauerkraut, and a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Place 2 pieces on each plate and serve open-faced.
Test Kitchen Tips
- You might want to use only half of the Thousand Island dressing on the sandwiches before baking them. Then just top each slice with a dollop of dressing before serving. Our mouths are already watering!
- If you're looking for more variations on this amazing sandwich recipe, we've got some! Check our our collection of New Takes on the Classic Reuben Sandwich!
- Want some more of that perfect Thousand Island Dressing? Look no further, our homemade dressing recipe is exactly what you're looking for.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!