Philly Cheese Steak Pitas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How does a pita stuffed with shaved steak, sauteed peppers and onions, and finished with an ooey-gooey cheese sauce sound? We hope you said, "Pretty darn good!" 'cause that's exactly whats in this recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Pitas. This is one of the tastiest ways to stuff a pita yet.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green), cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds deli roast beef, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pitas, cut in half, with pockets open
- 1 cup cheese sauce (see Notes)
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook peppers and onion 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add beef to skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper; saute 2 to 3 minutes, or until no pink remains in the beef.
- Place beef in pita pockets, top with vegetables, and drizzle with melted cheese. Serve immediately.
- For the cheese sauce in this recipe, we used Cheez Whiz®.
- We tested this recipe using Kangaroo® Pita Pockets. For more great recipes and ideas using these pita pockets, visit www.kangaroobreads.com.
- For more ways to enjoy pita bread, check out our collection of Perfect Pita Bread Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party or attending a potluck? Break out the pita chips and set out a bowl of this Summer Party Salad. This diabetic-friendly salad is full of color, taste, and nutrition 'cause it's loaded with a variety of delicious summer veggies!