Pulled Chicken Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This pulled chicken recipe using chicken thighs is a money-saving mealtime idea! You'll savor this classic Southern sandwich that's flavorful and hearty enough for lunch or dinner! Everyone will be asking for more of these Pulled Chicken Sandwiches!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 long (16- to 20-ounce) French baguette bread
- 4 slices American cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and onions over medium-high heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, water, and brown sugar; cover and cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken.
- Remove skillet from heat then remove chicken from skillet. Using 2 forks, shred chicken by pulling it apart, or chop chicken into small pieces. Return chicken to skillet and stir until evenly coated with sauce. Return skillet to stovetop and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Cut baguette into 4 even pieces and slice each piece lengthwise in half. Divide chicken mixture evenly over the 4 bottom pieces of bread, top chicken with cheese slices, and serve.
Plus, be sure to pair this recipe with one of our 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Crowd-Pleasing Brisket doesn't require a ton of fuss. There's no seasoning rub or long hours in a smoker required. Plus, since it's made with our own easy throw-together sauce, you better believe the flavors are bold!This melt-in-your-mouth brisket recipe is the perfect meal for any holiday, get-together, or anytime you feel like treating yourself. It's so easy and so flavorful, the crowd will think you worked all day!