Saucy Pork Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Regular ham sandwiches are good, but here's a way to have pork sandwiches that are a step above the rest. Yup, with the tomato sauce and bell peppers, these have got a saucy new taste you're gonna love.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 sandwich buns, split
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until no pink remains, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, remove the meat from the skillet to the bowl of a food processor that is fitted with a cutting blade. Process until the meat is finely chopped; set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and sauté the onion, green pepper, and garlic over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the chopped pork and the remaining ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve on the sandwich buns.
This is the perfect recipe for leftover pork of any kind: pork chops, ribs, or roast. Just remove the meat from the bone, finely chop it in a food processor, and follow the directions above. You can make a whole new meal!