Stuffed Deli Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This overstuffed deli sandwich is perfect for tailgating or a simple weeknight dinner. How can you miss with layer after layer of all this goodness stacked inside one BIG sandwich?
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-pound) loaf round sourdough bread
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- 8 fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices deli turkey
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a horizontal slice off the top of the bread loaf then scoop out the center of the bread, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around the inside of the shell.
- Brush the inside of the shell and inside of the bread top with Italian dressing. Layer the shell with the spinach leaves, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, the onion, turkey, tomato, cucumber slices, and the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Replace the bread top; wrap sandwich in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Remove the foil, slice sandwich into wedges, and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.