Thanksgiving in a Bun
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Instead of letting your Thanksgiving leftovers go to waste, use 'em to make our Thanksgiving in a Bun recipe. This sandwich is basically a combination of everything that you love about Thanksgiving, all "stuffed" inside a roll. It's a recipe that adds a whole new meaning on a leftovers sandwich.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 kaiser rolls, cut in half
- 12 ounces leftover sliced or shredded turkey meat
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup leftover stuffing
- 1/4 cup leftover gravy
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Tear 4 sheets of aluminum foil into 12- x 12-inch squares.
- Evenly spread mayonnaise on both sides of rolls. Layer bottom of rolls with equal amounts of turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and gravy. Place tops of rolls over filling, place each on a sheet of foil, and seal tightly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through. Serve warm.
- Top with extra warmed gravy, if desired.
- And another favorite using leftovers? Why Turkey Noodle Soup, of course!
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- South of the Border Steak Sandwiches
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Game Day Roast Beef Sliders
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Deli-Style Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- Open-Wide "BPT" Sandwiches