The Big Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Big Sandwich is a winning recipe from the National Beef Cook-Off that's just perfect for any time of year. One of the contest rules is that the recipes must be quick and easy, and this one sure is!
What You'll Need
- 1 round (12-inch) loaf French or Italian bread (see Note)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, well drained
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) package mixed baby greens
What to Do
- Cut bread in half horizontally and remove center from both sides, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, pesto sauce, and lemon juice; mix well. Spread over the cut surface of each bread half. Layer roast beef, roasted peppers, cheese, and greens over bottom half of bread. Replace top and cut into six wedges.
- Serve immediately, or wrap in plastic wrap and chill for up to 2 hours before serving.
Depending on your supermarket or bakery, round breads should be readily available. If they aren't, just call and ask them to make one for you.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a fan of chicken and waffles then we've got a stress-free way to make dinner that uses your favorite frozen breaded chicken tenders from the freezer aisle! This recipe is also versatile because you can make it in the oven, or in an air fryer! Everyone will love our Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich as a hearty twist on a classic favorite!