The Big Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Big Sandwich is a winning recipe from the National Beef Cook-Off that's just perfect for any time of year. One of the contest rules is that the recipes must be quick and easy, and this one sure is!
What You'll Need
- 1 round (12-inch) loaf French or Italian bread (see Note)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, well drained
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) package mixed baby greens
What to Do
- Cut bread in half horizontally and remove center from both sides, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, pesto sauce, and lemon juice; mix well. Spread over the cut surface of each bread half. Layer roast beef, roasted peppers, cheese, and greens over bottom half of bread. Replace top and cut into six wedges.
- Serve immediately, or wrap in plastic wrap and chill for up to 2 hours before serving.
Depending on your supermarket or bakery, round breads should be readily available. If they aren't, just call and ask them to make one for you.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.