Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There is no denying it, this is truly the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich. No matter how you choose to serve this melty and delicious sandwich, you can't miss. It makes a fantastic lunch for you and the kids, or a comfort filled way to compliment a bowl of soup! Either way this ooey-gooey meal is grilled cheese perfection.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
What to Do
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat mayonnaise and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Stir in Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Spread each of five bread slices evenly with cheese mixture. Top with remaining bread slices. Spread butter on both sides of the sandwiches.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook in batches until golden on both sides and the cheese is melted.
Check This Out!
- Serve this up with bowls of our Creamy Tomato Soup for pure comfort!
- You can even try a unique spin with our easy casserole recipe for Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Bake.
- Does this grilled cheese recipe take you back to the good ole' days? Then, you're going to love The Best Old-Fashioned Recipe Collection!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.