Black Angus Steak Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is, by far, is one of the best steak sandwiches ever! It starts with premium Black Angus Beef that we season with an incredible blend of spices, before cooking it to perfection. Then, we serve it on toasted French bread and finish it off with lots of caramelized onions. You just can’t miss! No matter when you serve this, be ready for lots of, “OOH IT’S SO GOOD!!” CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW YOU MAY BE ABLE TO WIN A FREEZER FULL OF PREMIUM BLACK ANGUS STEAKS!!!! GOOD LUCK…
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper, plus for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) Black Angus Strip Steaks
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 French baguette, cut into 6-inch lengths, and split in half
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and cayenne pepper; mix well and set aside. Rub steaks with garlic on both sides. Coat steaks evenly with seasoning mixture and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Coat grill pan with cooking spray and preheat it over medium-high heat. Brush onion slices with olive oil (set aside the remaining oil that you don’t use for later) and lightly sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Place onions on grill pan and cook 8-10 minutes, or until caramelized, turning halfway through. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place steaks on grill pan and cook 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare, or cook until desired doneness, turning halfway through. Remove steaks to a platter and let rest 5 minutes.
- While steaks rest, brush cut side of bread with the remaining olive oil and place cut-side down on grill pan until toasty. Slice steaks, place on toasted bread, and top with caramelized onions. Open wide and dig in.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- Of course, these can be cooked on your outdoor grill. If so, make sure you preheat your grill to high. Then place your steaks on it and sear them for 1 minute per side. Then, either reduce the heat to medium (if it’s a gas grill), or if you are cooking over charcoal, move the steak to a cooler part of the grill so they’ll cook evenly. They should take about 8 to 9 minutes for medium rare, or until desired doneness.
- Need more fantastic steak recipes? Try our All-American Steak, our Steak Diane, or our Steakhouse London Broil!
- For more fun with sandwiches, try our Ultimate Reuben, our Italian Antipasto Grilled Cheese, or our Classy French Dip.
- Click here to sign up for our giveaway!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.