We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Coconut Shrimp recipe will take your taste buds to the tropics! It has a restaurant-worthy crispy, sweet coating sure to satisfy your crunch cravings!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, sugar, ground red pepper, and salt; mix well. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs and water. Place coconut in another shallow dish.
- Coat shrimp with flour mixture then with egg mixture. Roll in coconut, pressing coconut firmly onto shrimp to coat completely.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook shrimp in batches for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until golden, turning once during cooking.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Don't Go Nuts Opening Your Coconut
- Did you know an easy way to break open a coconut is with a clean screwdriver? Just punch holes in the coconut's three eyes, drain the liquid, bang the coconut with a hammer, and voila! Fresh coconut!
- Looking for even more easy fish recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Gone Fishin': 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for family dinner recipes that will shake things up in the kitchen, our Country-Style Fish Grits is the perfect way to add some excitement to the menu! Everyone's mouth will water as they spoon up a hearty bowl of grits, topped with perfectly seasoned, flavor-packed fish!