Creole Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add the flavors of classic Louisiana cooking to this pasta and seafood dinner, and you'll have yourself a gourmet meal you'll want to make again and again. We love trying to recreate recipes from some of our favorite regions of the country, and we think we got it exactly right with this recipe for Creole Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce. It's got the perfect blend of spices that remind us of traditional Louisiana fare.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound large unpeeled, fresh shrimp
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Warm cooked angel hair pasta or spaghetti
What to Do
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Combine Creole seasoning and red pepper; sprinkle over shrimp, tossing to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp. Cook shrimp 3 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and green onions; cook 1 minute, stirring often. Add whipping cream; cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Serve immediately over pasta.
You can change the heat of this dish to suit your tastes by increasing the amount of ground red pepper or by adding hot sauce. Remember that Creole seasoning contains red pepper as well.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!