Garlic Skewered and Grilled Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We tend to think of food as a kind of glue that bonds us together and this Garlic Skewered and Grilled Shrimp recipe has certainly been proof of that theory in the past. Try it and see if your family loves it as much as our Mr. Food family does!
What You'll Need
- 21 large cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 24 jumbo fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (2 pounds unpeeled)
What to Do
- Mince 3 cloves garlic. Combine minced garlic, olive oil, and remaining 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Cover remaining garlic cloves with water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and boil 3 minutes; drain well, and set aside.
- Preheat the grill. Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade. Bring marinade to a boil in a small saucepan; set aside. Thread shrimp and garlic evenly onto 6 (10-inch) metal skewers. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees) 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting with reserved marinade.
Whole cloves of garlic line up like little soldiers between the shrimp on these kabobs, mellowing out as they cook and providing aroma and flavor that will call your family to dinner.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.