Grilled Scallop and Watermelon Mini Kebabs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A refreshing idea for either a summery main dish or entertaining appetizer, poached sea scallops (those are the larger type) are brushed with a flavorful Asian marinade and skewered with watermelon cubes then grilled in a flash to tasty perfection.
What You'll Need
- 12 sea scallops
- 4 cups boiling vegetable or chicken broth
- 24 watermelon cubes, about 1 x 1-inch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
What to Do
- Cut scallops in half diagonally, creating half-moon shapes. Place in a casserole dish in a single layer.
- Pour boiling broth over scallops and let them poach for 5 minutes. Drain and cool the scallops.
- Alternatively skewer 2 half-moon scallops and 2 watermelon cubes using a scallop at the tip to hold each of 12 kebabs securely.
- Heat grill to medium. Mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger and brush the kebabs as they are grilled for about 90 seconds per side turning once. Serve warm.
Makes 12 skewers.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.