The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 9 Min
This creamy seafood soup has a can of cream of coconut thrown in for a true tropical taste. Island Chowder makes a savory, warm meal or meal starter.
What You'll Need
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound fresh conch, chopped (see Options)
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the conch and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and slowly stir in the cream of coconut and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
If fresh conch isn't available, you can use frozen, or even use fresh scallops or halibut that you've cut into chunks.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Best Ever Picnic Butter
When it comes to butter, we found a better way! Our Best Ever Picnic Butter is the perfect Memorial Day recipe because it makes everything better!