We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This creamy seafood soup has a can of cream of coconut thrown in for a true tropical taste. Island Chowder makes a savory, warm meal or meal starter.
What You'll Need
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound fresh conch, chopped (see Options)
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the conch and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and slowly stir in the cream of coconut and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
If fresh conch isn't available, you can use frozen, or even use fresh scallops or halibut that you've cut into chunks.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"