The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Lighten Up! 20 Tasty Healthy Recipes for the New Year from Mr. Food
Jazzed Up Shrimp Etouffee
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 4 Min
- COOK TIME
- 13 Min
Boy, oh boy, it sure is simple to get everybody's attention! No, it doesn't take a fancy cooking course to turn out fancy-looking and -tasting Creole dishes. There's no big secret with this one - garlic and cayenne pepper add all the pizzazz!
What You'll Need
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the onions, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and flour; mix well.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion mixture and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season the shrimp with the cayenne pepper and salt and add to the skillet.
- Add the broth and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink and the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Serve over our recipe for Festive Rice for a meal fit for a king.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Best Ever Picnic Butter
When it comes to butter, we found a better way! Our Best Ever Picnic Butter is the perfect Memorial Day recipe because it makes everything better!