Kung Pao Watermelon Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A twist on a classic wok favorite, peanutty Kung Pao Shrimp is brightened by chunks of chopped watermelon to add flavorful excitement. This easy Asian stir fry can be ready in minutes.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 3/4 cup teriyaki glaze
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 2 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, shrimp, and peanuts, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Add teriyaki glaze and honey to skillet, and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return shrimp to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat, stir in watermelon, and sprinkle with scallions. Serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board