Lighter Shrimp Scampi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is our favorite lighter recipe for shrimp scampi! Made with olive oil instead of butter, the plump shrimp bathe in the light but flavorful sauce. Toss with pasta and it's ready for a weeknight dinner or a fancy company dinner!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic, salt, and pepper, and saute 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Reduce heat to low and add wine and parsley; simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with linguine and serve immediately.
- Add extra zing by squeezing a lemon over the shrimp right before tossing it with the pasta!
- For even more great seafood recipes, check out our collection of 22 Easy Shrimp Recipes for Every Occasion.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 403
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 0.7g 4 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 20g 40 %
- Cholesterol 95mg 32 %
- Sodium 818mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 60g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g 12 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.