Lime Shrimp Skewers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Are you ready to take shrimp to a higher level? This fresh lime glaze that gets slathered on each shrimp skewer is what sets Lime Shrimp Skewers apart from any other shrimp kebabs you've had.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Equally divide the shrimp among the skewers; place on a plate and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients over medium heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove 1/2 cup sauce mixture and use it to brush over both sides of shrimp skewers; set aside sauce remaining in saucepan.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp skewers and cook 2 minutes.
- Brush shrimp with any sauce remaining from 1/2 cup used to brush on skewers. Cook shrimp 2 to 3 more minutes, or until pink and fully cooked. Remove skewers to a platter.
- Heat reserved sauce in saucepan then pour over shrimp skewers. Serve immediately.
This looks extra-tropical garnished with slices of lime.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 340
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 73 %
- Trans Fat 0.9g 0 %
- Protein 0.8g 2 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 360mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 35g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.