The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Lighten Up! 20 Tasty Healthy Recipes for the New Year from Mr. Food
Mediterranean Seafood Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Don't you love making dishes that originated all around the world? We get to taste the flavors of a new place without leaving home. With this quick pasta dish, it's feta cheese, olives, and shrimp that bring a touch of Greece to our table.
What You'll Need
- 12 ounces angel hair (capellini) pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on (see Note)
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and quartered
- 1 (2-1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, drain again and set aside in colander.
- In the same pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute onion 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, and shrimp; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through and pink. Add tomatoes, olives, oregano, and pepper. Return pasta to pot, stirring until thoroughly mixed and warmed through. Sprinkle with feta cheese, and serve.
We like to leave the tails on the shrimp because they look better that way, but you can certainly take them off if you'd rather make this dish easier to eat.
Aug 13, 2016
Seafood pasta is a special change of pace dinner treat. If funds are short, I admit I have used the imitation crab, but no one seems to mind in this dish because the flavors are so wonderful. I also use the Mexican cheese, Queso Blanco, instead of feta. It's a crumbly, salty cheese, very mild, drier and saltier than ricotta.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Best Ever Picnic Butter
When it comes to butter, we found a better way! Our Best Ever Picnic Butter is the perfect Memorial Day recipe because it makes everything better!