Mediterranean Seafood Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't you love making dishes that originated all around the world? We get to taste the flavors of a new place without leaving home. With this quick pasta dish, it's feta cheese, olives, and shrimp that bring a touch of Greece to our table.
What You'll Need
- 12 ounces angel hair (capellini) pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on (see Note)
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and quartered
- 1 (2-1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, drain again and set aside in colander.
- In the same pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute onion 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, and shrimp; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through and pink. Add tomatoes, olives, oregano, and pepper. Return pasta to pot, stirring until thoroughly mixed and warmed through. Sprinkle with feta cheese, and serve.
We like to leave the tails on the shrimp because they look better that way, but you can certainly take them off if you'd rather make this dish easier to eat.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.