Mouthwatering Crab Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside...these are exactly the way we want 'em!
What You'll Need
- 3 (4 ¼-ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crabmeat, 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs, butter, 2 eggs, celery, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape into 12 crab cakes, using about 1/4 cup of the mixture for each.
- In a shallow dish, beat the remaining egg with a fork. Place the remaining 3/4 cup bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip the crab cakes in the egg, then in the bread crumbs, coating completely. Cook the crab cakes in batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Makes 1 dozen.
Although many restaurants in the South serve these with a spicy sauce, I think they're best served plain so you can really taste the crab.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.